If you are concerned about justice, mercy, and LGBT rights, there is no better time for you to join us! The LGBT Asylum Support Task Force relies on the generous donations of its volunteers and supporters to help asylum seekers. It takes approximately $850 per month to provide the basic necessities of shelter, food, and support for each asylum seeker. Your contributions make a real difference in the life of an asylum seeker. Today, your help is more crucial than ever. Please join us today in helping LGBT asylum seekers find safety and security in the United States. Below are just a few ways you can make a difference.
- Put your money where your heart is! Make a secure online donation today or mail your check to LGBT Asylum/HPC, 6 Clover St, Worcester, MA 01603
- If you can, make your gift monthly: it helps us budget and help more asylum seekers. Any amount, large or small, makes a difference.
- Ask your employer if they offer an Employer Matching Gifts Program; double your gift's impact!
- Donate gift cards from Worcester area stores where asylum seekers can purchase needed toiletries, groceries, and household items
- Drive an asylum seeker to appointments; help with moving an asylum seeker into an apartment; join us for a mailing party; help cook the meal for our community meetings. There are many other ways to help! Email with your skills and interests.
- Help with our social media campaigns! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Help reach more people and raise more money for asylum seekers.
- Host a Task Force "house party" and invite your friends and neighbors.
- Invite us to speak at your house of worship, school, workplace, conference, or social club.
- Provide pro bono legal assistance.
- House an asylum seeker in your home.
- Become a LGBT Asylum Task Force member! Join us for our "Second Monday" volunteer/community meetings (light dinner provided, including vegan and gluten free options), 2nd Monday of every month, 6:00 p.m., at Hadwen Park Church, 6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603..
Copyright ©2016 - All Rights Reserved - LGBT Asylum Support Task Force